Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Метро in Киев



In Киев, most people use the mass transit system. The light rail is a subway system downtown and a surface system in the periphery. There are three lines intersecting in a triangle downtown. One can transfer at any of the three stations at the corners of the triangle.

It's quite efficient. I never waited longer than 2 or 3 minutes for the next train to arrive.

The tunnels are quite deep in the rock in the downtown area. To access the underground stations one must use long escalators which also run through tunnels tilted at steep angles.

I met a funny Swedish guy. He was deathly afraid of the escalators. He feared that if he ever fell he'd never stop until he hit the bottom.

I actually enjoyed the whole experience including carousing around in the downtown area. But, it got old as I continued to wait for my motorcycle to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment