Thursday, March 18, 2010

Зализный Порт, Arrival






Visiting Зализный Порт was one of the few things that were planned on that first ride. However, in accordance with my life philosophy, the anarchy of chance had allot to do with it. Murphy's Law works both ways in my opinion.

In New York City, Киев and other large cities there are people on the sidewalks handing out fliers. I perceive that a lousy job. I feel sorry for those afflicted by the current economic recession. I often grab one as I walk by and stuff it in my back pocket.

During my first few weeks in Киев I was on my own exploring the downtown area. Such a scrap of paper might be used for a girl's phone number. Most likely it would be forgotten until time to launder my jeans.

Жанна and I were sharing a flat before my motorcycle arrived. She did the laundry and discovered the one about Зализный Порт. Of course, there were questions about what I scribbled.

Playing dumb, I explained I can read no Russian nor Ukrainian and I took that flier before we met. I asked her to translate. She did. It sounded good. We decided to go there on my motorcycle from its port of arrival.

En route to Херсон from Николаев we encountered rain. We pulled in to tank up and try to keep things dry. We met a some guys in a car pulling a little trailer. We discovered they were also headed for Зализный Порт. So, we followed. It became dry and sunny South of Херсон.

We split off on our own somewhere North of Зализный Порт. We didn't follow the directions of the flier. Жанна became frustrated while negotiating with the privateer lodging hawkers beside the road. We continued on until the road ended at the beach.

We thought we may as well inquire at the resort, right there. The rate was comparable and we were there! We took it. It was up on the third floor balcony and slightly larger than the bed, but it had a bathroom with toilet and shower.

I parked my motorcycle in the courtyard below.

No comments:

Post a Comment