Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Important words


Sitting across the table from her at the cafe, I said: "I already know the second most important word in any language."

"What's that?" She asked.

"Пиво," I said. To me, it was actually a little too early for beer, and a little too late for coffee. So, I ordered orange juice.

"What's the most important?" She asked.

"Love." I said: "I don't know that one."

"Любовь," She said.

"How does one say: 'I love you?'" I asked.

She said: "Я люблю тебе."

"Спасибо." I answered. I tried to repeat it. She said: "That's nice that you love yourself!"

I tried to correct it. She asked: "Oh? Do you make love with yourself, often?"

Русский язык is very difficult. I wonder if I'll ever be able to speak it.

The food she suggested was very good. It was very satisfying for a late brunch.

Then, I walked her to her bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment